- This event has passed.
Defensive Pistol Skills – Beginner
July 10 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
$85 each or $150 for both/ 3 Hrs. each (min 2/max 6)
If you are new to defensive handgun training, this course is for you. Our beginner defensive pistol course focuses on the fundamentals of marksmanship and the transition to efficient defensive shooting skills. There will be a brief classroom discussion about safety and training goals and range time with practical shooting drills that help develop the balance of speed and precision.
All participants must be at least 18 years old unless accompanied by a parent or guardian who is also enrolled in the class. All participants must be familiar with fundamental handgun safety, operation, and shooting. Any student that does not meet the minimum standards or have the proper gear may be asked to leave the class so as not to disrupt the training of the other students. The following is a list of required items for the class:
- Photo ID
- A modern handgun in good working order
- A rigid OWB (outside waistband) holster
- At least 3 double stack or 5 single stack magazines and magazine pouches/carriers
- Minimum 200 rounds of factory loaded ammunition – No steel core, tracer, military surplus, or armor piercing rounds are permitted on our range.
- Electronic hearing protection and clear eye protection
Please wear comfortable clothing and closed toe shoes.